You may be thinking, "Italy? What's this about Italy? She went to Italy?" So, by way of explanation, yes I did go to Italy. For a couple of weeks at the beginning of August, I attended a music festival there. In Perugia, to be exact. It was intense, with lots of practicing, lessons, master classes, and concerts. I played piano (it was classical music) but there were also opera singers, violinists, and cellists. So much music, all the time, at such a high level; it was amazing. Never fear, I will post more about it. All in good time.
In the meantime, here's a short story about the toothpaste I brought.
I got a nasty surprise from my toothpaste the first time I went to brush my teeth. I had grabbed the first stuff that I could find, as I was packing... I hadn't used this toothpaste in a while, and I don't even know where it came from. But it was handy, so I took it. In Italy, I saw that it was supposed to have two different toothpastes in the same tube; one cloudy, and one clear. Apparently, they were supposed to squeeze out simultaneously. So I squeezed, and only one came out. Not really noticing, I started brushing my teeth... but it tasted funny. Spitting it back out, I looked at the toothpaste suspiciously. At a closer look, it looked really disgusting; it was supposedly the clear one, but it had turned cloudy and yellowish. Ick. Searching for some explanation, I looked at the tube. Guess what? This toothpaste had an expiration date. Furthermore, the date was in 2008. No wonder it tasted funny...
The next day, one of my roommates wanted to go to the grocery store, and she knew of a pharmacy right next to it. I followed her, and we went on a few errands. We found everything just fine, and I successfully bought Italian toothpaste. It was Colgate. (But in Italian!) Happy ending...
More, more!!
ReplyDelete